Thanks
    A few weeks back, NewEgg was offering TI Home 2010 for $9.99 after rebate. Now we have the companion Plus Pack for free. Expect TI Home 2011 to be released imminently!

Go here for link & code:
    =============
    Acronis True Image Home 2010 Plus Pack Free
    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1007032/

Thanks
    For those that may be imaging to a new HD the Plus Pack is a must. Getting this for free as well is another shot of good news.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    looks like that deal is dead.

Thanks
    Dead already?

Oh well, I managed to get it before it and posted it here at the same time I was downloading the Plus Pack.

I tried....

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used Acronis for the last two years, but am now changing to another app (probably Paragon), as it has let me down twice recently, for different reasons - and the time to discover it's let you down is *not* at the point you need to recover your HD! Though to be fair, the last time it was able to read and use the backup image, the problem was that although the data in Outlook was fine and up to date, Office 2007 required a reinstall to get the product code re-entered. I don't understand how that would happen if the image restores absolutely everything as it was (which it should be doing), but there it is. So be wary, make sure you will be able to fully recover your backup images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rdl@globalnet View Post
    I've used Acronis for the last two years, but am now changing to another app (probably Paragon), as it has let me down twice recently, for different reasons - and the time to discover it's let you down is *not* at the point you need to recover your HD! Though to be fair, the last time it was able to read and use the backup image, the problem was that although the data in Outlook was fine and up to date, Office 2007 required a reinstall to get the product code re-entered. I don't understand how that would happen if the image restores absolutely everything as it was (which it should be doing), but there it is. So be wary, make sure you will be able to fully recover your backup images

I've restored Acronis backups numerous times over the years and have not experienced a problem like you describe.

Do you have multiple partitions? Maybe you had part of Outlook on one logical drive and part on another logical drive, causing the app to get out of synch? I can't think of any other situation that would cause the problem you describe.

I've also used Paragon and Symantec imaging/backup and partitioning software in past years and have had problems with both these programs and support also. so the grass isn't necessarily greener across the road [shrug]. But good luck to you.