Thread: IE8 address bar

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I click the down arrow of the address bar autocomplete a drop down menu appears. When I run the mouse over the list to make a selection they are not highlited. Why is this? If I use the keyboard down arrow key they are highlighted as I go through the list. My laptop computer highlights each address as I run the mouse over the menu. Both computers are using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.

Thanks
    Perhaps you have to load the software for your mouse (I assume one PC is a laptop the other is a desktop and that the problem child is the desktop). Check the mouse manufacturer, go to their web site and find drivers for the mouse. It is possible the default Win 7 drivers are not compatible with your mouse or you have lost some features with Win 7 that new drivers will get back. Just a thought. I had to do this on my desktop with Win 7. Both our laptops we use MS bluetooth mice which are compatible.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda in Iowa View Post
    When I click the down arrow of the address bar autocomplete a drop down menu appears. When I run the mouse over the list to make a selection they are not highlited. Why is this? If I use the keyboard down arrow key they are highlighted as I go through the list. My laptop computer highlights each address as I run the mouse over the menu. Both computers are using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.
    On my Win7 Ultimate system the entries are "highlighted" with a light gray instead of blue when I mouse over them. I've never noticed that and I guess it is the Microsoft Intellipoint software.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the responses. I have a basic optical mouse v2.1 that came with system. If I change the desktop background and windows colors in the Control panel>personalization to Windows Classic theme then the items in the drop down menu are highlighted. This is not what I want. It just doesn't work if I use an aero theme or Windows 7 basic theme.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda in Iowa View Post
    If I change the desktop background and windows colors in the Control panel>personalization to Windows Classic theme then the items in the drop down menu are highlighted. This is not what I want. It just doesn't work if I use an aero theme or Windows 7 basic theme.
    I have not played with Windows 7 at all, but in Vista (and of course XP) there was a way to dig into any theme and tweak it. Perhaps you can find the relevant setting for your preferred theme?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have found a temporary fix by adjusting my monitor to day text. A pale gray highlight shows which line the mouse is on. Glad they made this so easy!