Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It appears that in both Windows 7 and Vista, if you open a folder in explorer (or use the File / Open dialog in an application), you can select up to 15 documents in that folder, then right-click one of them and get the Print option in the context menu, as long as they are all the same document type (have the same file extension). However if you select a 16th document of the same type, the Print option no longer appears. According to a client, this limit didn't exist in XP - can anyone confirm this?
    Wendell

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    That appears to be correct. I can only select 15 files on my Win7 Ultimate x64 machine and have "Print" be available. On an XP machine I can select at least 75 text files of varying sizes and still have "Print" available. Did not try to find the upper limit on the XP machine.

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can confirm the same too. You lose Open, Edit New and Print as soon as the 16th docx is selected.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanks for the confirmation - I've looked high and low for any documentation on either Windows 7 or Vista and haven't found anything.
    Wendell