2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well I've installed MS Office 2007 with out a hitch, maybe?

When I try to install an add-in into Access. I get a window that tells me "You do not have sufficient permission to intall this Add-In".

With one of the Add-In I got this window and then the Add-In was installed. Two others will not intall.

What am I doing wrong.
    threecrow

Don't make excuses. It's what you do, not why you didn't.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    First of all, you need to be logged onto the PC in question with a UserID that has Administrator permissions, and second, that add-in must be in an Access Trusted Location. Finally, the add-in should have a digital certificate verifying its authenticity. If the add-in is a self-installing one, then you should right-click the executable program, and choose the "Run as Administrator" option.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Wendell

All of your suggestion all true.

Would seem that my own computer does not trust me anymore.
    threecrow

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What are the addins you are trying to install? The ones I use haven't given me any trouble, but I see reports of others who have had problems.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    One of them is

Ezy Exporter Primium for Access2007

This little gem Exports All or Some of your Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, Macros and Modules.
    threecrow

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Well, I have my own opinions of these sort of things (I don't see much advantage of exporting as opposed to importing), and I'm not inclined to spend $29.95 just to test it. It looks like if you download the demo verison, it is a regular Access database, not an addin, in which case you would have difficulty installing it. Did you actually purchase V4.0 of the product?
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes sir I did and it is an Add-In. There is a version for XP, 2003 and 2007. Worked well with XP, then I upgraded to Access 2007.

One use that I found is that if working on a data base from my working on model that I can Export all components (queries, forms and such) in one fell swoop to the actual data base. As opposed to one at a time.

It is pretty handy. When it works.
    threecrow

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Again we use a different strategy - we simply copy the entire database to roll out a new version - no export needed. Are you deploying this to the individual workstations? (Obviously that doesn't work where you are dealing with data that is updated - but our databases are always split.) I guess I would recommend you contact the company for tech support - you also didn't mention what OS you are using with Office 2007 - is it XP, Vista or Windows 7?
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeCrow View Post
    I can Export all components (queries, forms and such) in one fell swoop to the actual data base. As opposed to one at a time.
    The built-in import facility lets you import lots of components in one go. Are there any advantages in exporting rather than importing?
    I am not saying there aren't.. I am trying to think about whether it makes any difference.
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    oops OS is Vista.

When I build a data base, I start with a working on model. I use this to build, change and fine tune data base.

The second is the the actual data base that the end user will receive. And this is also the master copy.

All changes to the end users copy are done via internet or intranet. All databases are split into Front end and Back end some times with an added back end for temporary tables.

I try to make my data bases as idiot resistant as possible.
    threecrow

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello John

I'm not sure of any difference. I just started doing this in 1998. I had a data base that I was working on go corrupt on me. With a lot of work I was able to extract the components and get it working again, really done want to go through that again.

Just one of my safety measures.

I do the same with web site.

To most it's foolish, and nothing but added work. For me it has become habit.
    threecrow

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Working now!!

After talking to a tech at MS home base, would seem that my Multi licence MS Office 2007 was faulty. After downloading a few patches and then downloading the whole suite (with disc in the mail) all is working.

Oddly the tech said a number of times that I needed to upgrade. And me trying to explain that I did upgrade.

But is working now, main part.

Thanks much
    threecrow