Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm needing to copy text from Excel and paste as unformatted text into Outlook. I'd like to code a small macro that would do the paste special for me.
    I've read somewhere today that there is no paste function in Outlook' VBA. Is this correct? If not what are the commands to do this simple paste?

Thanks
    It is correct - there is no Paste, unfortunately. You might be better off trying to ensure that the copy from Excel only uses text.
    Regards,
    Rory
    Microsoft MVP - Excel.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSutterfield View Post
    I'm needing to copy text from Excel and paste as unformatted text into Outlook. I'd like to code a small macro that would do the paste special for me.
    I've read somewhere today that there is no paste function in Outlook' VBA. Is this correct? If not what are the commands to do this simple paste?
    In the old days, you could figure out the number of the "command bar control" and execute that using VBA. However, I don't think this concept exists in the Outlook 2007 ribbon, or at least it isn't as easy to figure out.

This thread has a completely different suggestion: use a third party program to convert the contents of the clipboard to plain text. Outlook. Create a button for Edit/paste Special/Unformatted text ?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Download and run Puretext (http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext). I've used it for about 3 years now. It's a great help when pasting between applications.
    Pam Caswell