Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a 5+ year old Gateway desktop that is increasingly slow.. So, I would like to restore back to the original system setup.

However.. starting from the suggested Start>Programs>Gateway>Restore shuts the computer off... then restarts in the original Windows. Trying to start the process from the F11 key during boot up does nothing.. And, the folders in the "D" recovery partition seem to be locked and protected by "PC Angel".

Does anyone have any suggestions.. Someplace I read that a boot manager is responsible for giving me the F11 key option to boot to the recovery partition... but I do not know where or how to check or tweak it.

Thanks for your time and any help or suggestions
    Ralph

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Seems I have resolved my own problem. The instructions were rather vague, evidently for the F11 key or the Start>Programs>>>> to work the recovery DVD must be in the drive. They do make it complicated.......

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Ralph for posting your solution. It will undoubtedly help someone else.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill