New Lounger
    Thanks
    We have a activity clock reset - when something happens, the clocks starts clicking days. Is there a way to have it count how many days from today the last reset was? Say something happend 2 weeks ago, and it's been now 14 days since the reset, tomorrow will be 15 days. How can I put a formula or field code to give me the count on a form in word from the last reset to today? And put in a new date when the clock has been reset again?

Thanks for any assistance.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Where is the clock reset being stored? In a Word document, a Word template, an Excel workbook, and Access database, or....? Word isn't particularly adept at doing that sort of thing, especially across numerous documents, so we're going to need more details on the solution you were envisioning, and the limitations you have.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The file is in Word 2003. We want to use it on a daily status document. Yes it is a template and uses tables, so it would be within a cell. It's only in Word, doesn't go to any other software.

Thanks
    Word has a CREATEDATE field code, which usually stores the time of the initial save or the last "Save As." You could use that to compute elapsed days. However, if you are saving a new status report every day, you probably need to store the "start" date/time yourself. You could do that using a custom document property, so it doesn't have to appear in the document body, but it's beginning to sound like more work than keying in the information manually...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think keeping it simple is the best approach.

Attached is a simple document that calculates the number of days between two dates. I can't take credit as it is a copy from Macropod's excellent Date Calc document. You must enter the dates within the bookmarks. This can be achieved by simply typing within the bookmark, using the ASK prompt or a form.
    To use this document, enter your dates, select all the text (CTRL+A) and press F9 to refresh the fields.

Regards,

Matthew

[attachment=88925ays between dates.doc]
    Attached Files Attached Files