New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had O07 Outlook working great on Win 7. I installed O10 with Outlook 2010 and when I went to connect it to our business Exchage 2007 server, it won't auto discover, It won't manually set up. It asks for my login, which I did for my user account on the machine, then tried the user account for the exchange, then went to the admin for the system. Each time the login failed. After mutiple attempts, it bombs out with a "can not connect to network setting" even though I have Internet, I see the network drives and can get into our 'virtual office' software and Outlook there.
    I turned off the AV and the firewalls (for a short time) to see it that would open things up, to no avail.

Any suggestions
    Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Have you tried a new mail profile?

Have you tried re-booting the PC?

Have you re-booted the Exchange server? I know that may not be practical but that solved a problem in authentication for us today.

Joe

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply:

Removed e-mail profile. rebooted and re-added

deleted all Outlook data files (after Backing them up of course). They are recreated when I restart

Can't get to the Exchange 2007 server, it with a third party vendor, they don't support 2010 yet

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wallace View Post
    Thanks for the reply:

Removed e-mail profile. rebooted and re-added

deleted all Outlook data files (after Backing them up of course). They are recreated when I restart

Can't get to the Exchange 2007 server, it with a third party vendor, they don't support 2010 yet
    See if Manually configure Outlook 2010 (Beta) to connect to hosted Exchange server helps. Even though the title says it is for Outlook 2010 beta the steps should be the same for the official released version.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.

I already did try the manual, but ended up with the same problem.

I did finally get it to work. It was picking up a domain name that was not a functional domain. I made the assumption it would pick up the domain I was on, but it picked up some left over from a while back that didn't exist (I thought) any more. Never thought to look at that. Don't know why. Hey hey, it works now. Always the simple things eh?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Glad you got it working. Thanks for posting back.

Joe

Joe