Thanks
    Within a few days of doing a clean install of W7, I bought a new Netgear Router DGN2000. I used its cd to do the installation. If I ever do a clean install of W7 again, will it be necessary to reinstall my router by using the cd again?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have never installed router software on any machine, including Windows 7. If you just used the router software to change settings on the router, you should not need to do it again.

Thanks
    The software that came with the router is really just a wizard to assist in doing the initial installation. It won't even work once the router has been customized. After that point you can use the shortcut the software installed to access the router configuration interface or you can just use a web browser and access the router via its IP address from within your local network.

The wizard would only be enabled again if you reset the router to factory defaults.

Jock

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyh View Post
    I have never installed router software on any machine, including Windows 7. If you just used the router software to change settings on the router, you should not need to do it again.
    It was not software for the router it was the settings mainly the correct network card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    It was not software for the router it was the settings mainly the correct network card.
    If the software is a Netgear program for managing your network connections, I would not worry about reinstalling it in the situation you described. I would just let Windows manage the network connections.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    I never got better software when using either Netgear or Linksys than what Windows offered. I just let Win 7 set up my networking and it worked wonderfully.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Hi Ted, Gerald. The reason I asked was, as I've been experimenting with my new OS, I intended doing another clean install to straighten out my mistakes, but as its running like honey on a hot summers day I'm loathe to do so. Knowing me as I do, I probably will for no other reason than to give an old ??? something to do.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would not worry about the Netgear disc. It's mainly an assistant to configure older versions of Windows. If you didn't make networking changes before the reinstall, it will likely be OK.

Thanks
    David, my router is set as per ISP's instructions and that will not be changed. I just want my PC to be set correctly.