New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it possible to do a vlookup (or another lookup) from a different spreadsheet? What I'm trying to do is create an invoice template. I want to enter a client number and lookup this information from a separate spreadsheet (Clients.xls) to enter the address, City, State, Zip, etc. However, I have never used a lookup from another spreadsheet (I have done it from another sheet in the same workbook but not from another spreadsheet). Is this possible? Ex, say the Clients.xls spreadsheet has
    Col A = Client #, Col B= address and I am looking up client 1001, how would I enter this from Invoice.xls file?

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

A simple test in XL07 indicates that the following format will work provided, I think, that the other spreadsheet - Book2 - is already open in the same instance of Excel.

In Book3.xls, the following code works:

=VLOOKUP(B4,[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1:$B$10,2)

where Book2 is the other spreadsheet.

Good Luck!

Peter Moran

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, that worked!

Is there anyway to do the selection (instead of typing in the info)?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Another question. Is there a way in spreadsheet 1 (Invoice) to do a lookup in the Client Number field and have it look up the client spreadsheet and show me the list of clients & numbers to select the number (kind of like a Data Validation list but looking up the another spreadsheets data)?

Thanks