New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a set of macros that display a form, save a document, save it again in a different location with a date-time attached to the file name, and then drop a text file in a place that another program reads and sends email based on what is in the text file. I'm guessing about 20-30 people use these macros at my company. Now one person is having issues with the macros. She gets the wonderfully informative error with the title of Micrsoft Visual Basic with the Unexpected error(336) message. We've reinstalled the macros, repaired Office, and reinstalled Office with no luck. I attempted to debug the macros from her computer, but the error shows up right away when you attempt to run the macro. The only things outside the norm that I reference is the regular expression module and the file system object. Has anyone run into this type of issue or does anyone have any ideas on what to troubleshoot?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    When you attempt to debug on the user's computer, if you go to Tools > References (from the VB Editor), are the two references showing as valid?

Another thing to try is to try running the code from the VB Editor on the user's computer, and use F8 to step through the code - this will let you see the line of code on which the error is occurring.

Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The references are showing up and checked. Does that mean they are valid?

Actually I tried stepping through the code. Unfortunately, the error appears right away. F8 ... then BAM! Emeril shows up like Clippy with the error message. =)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    OK, what happens if with the project open, in the VB Editor, you click on Debug > Compile Project - does it take you to a specific line of code?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll give that a shot. I think I might have tried it, but I'll double check.