2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PATCH WATCH

Have your Windows Mail and Windows 7, too

By Susan Bradley

From the e-mail received after May's Patch Tuesday, it's obvious that Windows Mail is still extremely popular with Windows 7 users.

So I'm revisiting the patch described in Microsoft Support article MS10-031 and giving more details on exactly how to get the Mail you want on Windows 7.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/2010/05/27/07 (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by revia; 2011-01-19 at 18:36.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a quick question about Susan Bradley's article "931125 Patching the roots — on your browser".I'm running Win7 Professional on my home computer. I looked at my Update History and did not see 931125 installed. So I followed the link to download and install it manually. Afterward, I noticed that although the article's Last Review was dated "January 25, 2010 - Revision: 17.2", just above the download hyperlink it says "Update for Root Certificates [November 2009] (KB931125)". So, my questions:1) Did I get the old one?2) I already restarted the computer and was not offered the update. Does that mean I already have the latest installed?I ask, because KB931125 still does not appear on my Win 7's list in update history.Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject.P.S. Susan Bradley's articles are TREMENDOUSLY helpful and informative to me. Keep em' coming!
    Last edited by revia; 2011-01-19 at 18:35.