Lounger
    Thanks
    Does Paste Special - HTML or RTF do anything? When and how does using this have any results?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's difficult to see the end result of using that as long as you view the document in Word. If you look at the underlying file at a binary level you would see different tags depending on whether you do the Paste using HTML or using RTF. But the bottom line is if you are creating a document intended for use in Word, it appears the same regardless of the choice.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    So is there an example when this paste would make a difference?

I looked at the underlying XML (not binary) and there was no difference. However, I could see some times when it could be handy to copy from a Web page to Word and keep it as HTML, ocassionally as RTF, too.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It MAY make a difference if you SAVE the content as an HTML or RTF document but if you save it as Word then you a likely to end up with exactly the same content if it is visually the same in Word. If you have saved the file in XML format then Word has converted your content into XML so the earlier paste format is now irrelevant.

Generally, I use the Paste Special to get an acceptable result and only go experimenting with different paste formats when the result is unacceptable. The available paste options will vary according to the type of content in your clipboard so don't get used to only ever using one paste format.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia