5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have W7 and IE8. Prior to a clean re-install of W7, I had been running IE8 for months with my Favorites folder moved off of the C:\ drive. After the re-install of W7 the IE8 Favorites show as completely empty when I click on it. However, over on my other drive I still have a folder called Favorites, with all my subfolders and saved urls.
    I've tried importing as well as moving the "old" into the new Favorites to no avail.

Does anyone know how i might accomplish this task?

Thanks,
    Dick

Thanks
    Hard copy and paste them from the favorites located on the "other drive" to within the new one in the os.
    or
    Move the Windows 7 favorites folder to the favorites folder located on the "other drive"

The favorites folder in Windows 7, just like the documents folder, is capable of being moved to any location one chooses.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint:
    Thanks for the response. I know it sounds wierd, but I had already done that. So, I have one set of favorites on "old", and one set in my user folder; but, when I click on "Favorites" in IE8, it shows as empty??

Dick

Thanks
    Yeah, I think I did that before too.
    It's tricky though, there are no prompts. The first time I attempted I ended up loosing the Favorites folder.
    The way I got around it if I'm not mistaken was to move the Favorites folder first, then populate it with the backup I had.

Windows 7+moving Favorites folder
    Windows 7+Recover Favorites folder
    MS Soc; Contents of Favorites Folder has disapeared****
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint:

You're a life saver (and a Favorites saver). Thank you. The last reference did it, as far as the necessary registry changes to get me my Favorites back.

Dick

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was able to restore my lost I.E.8 Favorites by copying a folder found in C:\(user name)\Favorites on my system (Win7 Home Premium). While I now have access to Favorites again, I have found that cannot add any new favorites as I get an "Unspecified error" message. Obviously something still isn't right. Any additional suggestions would be welcome.