New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an unusual problem where an Access report (Access 2007) sent to a local printer produces the desired ouput, however the same report sent to a shared printer produces all the text but omits all the horizontal and vertical lines.

My initial thought it was a problem with the printer driver on that PC, however if theAccess report is sent to a PDF file and then the PDF is sent to the shared printer, everything is OK. This seems to indicate that the printer driver can handle the output, but for some reason the combination of Access/printer driver cannot.

I would prefer to have the output sent directly to the printer, but can work around the problem by creating scripts that send the report to a PDF file and then sending the PDF to the printer.

Appreciate any thoughts on investigating the problem or on potential resolutions.

Thanks
    Stephen

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Here is one report that sounds similar.

Cause of the Problem
    the problem occurs at you print from MS Access to a 600 dpi printer using a printer driver that does not support the DRAWPATTERNRECT escape. at the occurs, MS Access may miscalculate the number of pixels needed to print a solid line.
    Resolution method 1
    Change the printer resolution from 600 dpi to 300 dpi.

Other suggestions (from another posts)
    • Make sure that the lines that are not printing are brought to the front. In Design View, select each of them and choose "Bring to Front" .
    • Increase the width of the lines
    • change the colour
    • or (the opposite of the first suggestion) increase the printer resolution
    Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Another possibility to try is to change the driver - many printers support both a Postscript driver and a PCL driver. In my experience, graphics are usually rendered more accurately using Postscript drivers.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I tried the suggestion of updating the driver. It corrected the problem and all lines started to appear on the printout.

Many thanks for the replies.
    Stephen