New Lounger
    Thanks
    Reimage Online PC Repair (for XP Operating Systems) as advertised in Windows Secrets
    Has anyone used this software/service?

I have 4 XP OS computers (2 HP desktop XP media center, and 2 HP webbook Mini's) in use at various locations.. Reimage Online PC Repair sounds as if it would be a very useful tool. Is it as easy to use as described on the vendor website? It's here --> http://www.reimage.com/lp/home/index...keyword=direct

I am not a pro computer tech and while able to keep my machines going most of the time McAfee really messed up one desk top with their recent update which is now an inefficient toaster.. It struck while I was shutting down and I lost DCOM Server Process Launcher, NT Authority / System, and DMA scheduler. I have followed McAfee's fixes but they don't address the OS issues. I am wondering if I use a boot cd and then use Reimage Online PC Repair is that would restore the OS? Any thoughts?

Any comments and suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
    Hi Eric and welcome to the Lounge!

I clicked the link you provided and WOT (Web of Trust) kicked in with a warning that the site has a poor reputation. I tend to stay out of any site when I see a warning of that nature.

I was able to view the WOT report on this site, and I would personally stay out of the site. Since I did not go into the site, I cannot really answer your question concerning the advertised product.

UPDATE: Links to pages about the software were found at the time of the original posting of this thread, but have since disappeared, thus validating the WOT warnings.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-08-29 at 15:00. Reason: Update post
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Speaking of WOT, the link provided by rhmitul above has a very poor reputation. I suggest removing the link.

cheers, Paul

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    RGT, if you need to re-build your PC after a problem the best method is to do a repair install via the Windows boot CD. Once you have the PC running again you should get a backup program - try Macrium Reflect free.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    I agree with the above and Macrium Reflect will do just fine as an imaging tool.
    I recommend running a test image and restore on one of your notebooks.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used Reimage for a year and it has successfully recovered my system about 6 times in the past year. I'm working on some corruption now, trying to figure out if it's time to start over. I find them very helpful and don't hesitate to recommend them.

Bob A.