4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ever since I upgraded my Office 2003 to Office 2007, the reminder time for tasks has been off. At first I thought it was because the tasks were created in the prior version of Outlook so I deleted and created them fresh. But the time is still off. For example, I have a repeating reminder scheduled for 8:30 a.m. weekdays. It comes up in the morning about an hour late and in the reminder window is says "due in 7 hours" or sometimes I think says 8 hours.

I checked my time zones and confirmed they are correct and the same in Outlook, on my computer, on the mail server, and on my domain servers. I also tried the "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" trick but that didn't make any difference.

I've come up short on solutions using Google. Has someone encountered this that has an answer?
    Daisy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Check your daylight savings time settings. If the time zone is correct then that would be the most likely reason for an hour difference.

In Outllook 2007 the due time for tasks is the end of the work day. A new "feature" in Outlook 2007.

Joe
    Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    In Outllook 2007 the due time for tasks is the end of the work day. A new "feature" in Outlook 2007.
    That's going to take some getting use to. I anticipate it'll also be hard to explain when I roll this out to my users who have had it the other way for so many years.
    Daisy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I agree. Isn't it wonderful when Microsoft makes a subtle change for no apparent reason and ends up causing all kinds of headaches for many clients?

Did you resolve the reminder time issue?

Joe
    Joe