Thread: Sound

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Windows 7 and IE 8. Yesterday, I stopped getting sound on several sites, such as YouTube and some videos on pages such as CNN. For a while I could get sound on others, such as Slacker. Today I couldn't get that either. I tried uninstalling Flash and then reinstalling it, and it helped partially and temporarily, but now I am back to where I started. Any ideas?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No one seems to be responding so I'll just suggest trying another browser like FireFox or Chrome. That way you will know if it is or is not an IE8 issue. Good Luck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Monroe View Post
    No one seems to be responding so I'll just suggest trying another browser like FireFox or Chrome. That way you will know if it is or is not an IE8 issue. Good Luck
    Thank you. I have kept uninstalling and reinstalling. This morning I can get You Tube and Slacker, but not the embedded videos on CNN. Last night, before shutting down, I couldn't get anything. Very wierd - I may try a new browser; nice idea.

Thanks
    You might want to check into,updating your drivers for the sound card.A little more information on what you have would help.Such as mobo ect.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I solved the problem with your help and a little research. I'm surprised that it hasn't been a more common occurrence. Flash works well in a 32 bit browser but is buggy in a 64 bit browser. I switched to Chrome as Richard suggested and now it works fine.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Flash does not work at all in 64-bit IE8. Most IE addins have not been updated to 64-bit. That is why Microsoft provides both a 32-bit & 64-bit browser in 64-bit Windows. Most people should stick to the 32-bit version.

Joe
    Joe