New Lounger
    Thanks
    hp Compaq Presario w/ 32bit Vista, running Internet Explorer, When I inserted sd memory card from digital camera into left hand slot, Media Center always automatically opened and downloaded the pictures. When a movie cd was inserted into the cd player, it always automatically played the movie full screen.

Now to download pictures I have to go into Media Center and manually download the pictures. When a movie cd is inserted into the player I have to go into Media Center and manually start the movie playing and it only plays 6"x 6" picture in the middle of a 15" screen. I cannot get it to play automatically or full screen. Both of these started at the same time.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Jeff

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Go into Control Panel and check your AutoPlay settings. (If in "Vista" view, it's under "Hardware and Sound > Play CDs or other Media Automatically"; in "Classic View", it's just titled "AutoPlay".) That will let you set the default actions for several things. It's possible that a software install, an update or even a simple unnoticed mis-click could have gotten them out of whack. Or, just because Vista does strange things sometimes. Hope that helps!

Christa

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Christa, Thank You for your time and your answer. I did what you said and changed settings back where I had them originally and both operations began starting automatically again. Down in the right lower screen, when I had my mouse pointer down there during dvd play, an option appears, for screen size, during play. I changed it and the full screen is back. Thank you and Windows Lounge for your help, Jeff

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You're welcome! Glad it worked for you, and I'm glad you were able to get the full-screen working again.

Christa