New Lounger
    Thanks
    Folks,

I somehow (long, long story) have got WOPR 2000 add-ins on my Word 2007. There is no obvious way to uninstall or delete these. Does anyone have any ideas of how I might do this? I ahve tried uninstalling Offfice 2007 and re-installing it to no avial. Originally I had upgraded my Office 2003 to Office 2007 and noticed the problem when I tried to use the Office button in Word 2007 to open a Word document and got an error about missing dll's (which I assume are WOPR dll's).

Any help would be appreciated. I am running Windows XP Professional.

TIA & best regards... Norm.
    Best Regards... Norm

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Auspitz View Post
    I somehow (long, long story) have got WOPR 2000 add-ins on my Word 2007. There is no obvious way to uninstall or delete these.
    There are two ways to install Word add-ins: as a COM object or as a global template in the Startup folder.

• To manage COM add-ins, visit: Office button > Word Options > Add-ins
    • The location of your startup folder depends on your version of Windows. Generally speaking it is in your profile folder under:

\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

You may be able to get at it using the Start menu Run dialog: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Word\Startup

With Word closed, you can move any unwanted .dot, .dotx, or .dotm to some other folder.

Any luck?