5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there anyway to set/change the colour of the font/title in a Favourite. Currently, all I get, or can get, is black. I would like to be able to change the colour, on occasion, so that one favourite/specific URL stands out in a sea of others that have somewhat similar names.

For example, Windows Secrets Lounge vs Windows Secrets Lounge.

Ron M

New Lounger
    Thanks
    No, but I can suggest that you enable the appropriate toolbar and place this favorite there. Trouble is, you haven't mentioned your browser.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MS MCP, MCSE, MVP

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Internet Explorer 8, which is why it was posted in this forum. I don't want to have a bunch of "Favourites" on a tool bar, I want to be able to change the colour of the font of the Favourites name when I create it, or rename it. So far, I haven't been able to figure our how to do that. With 144 Views and only 1 reply (yours), obviously others haven't either. Maybe it can't be done and if it can't, then I would hope Microsoft would wake up and give us that capability - it can't be that hard.

Ron M

Thanks
    Good question, the answer may be a bit more complicated. Try looking through these searches or refining your search more precisely...

Windows 7+change font colors

I have a sneaking feeling that a font color change in say, the menu's, would produce a widespread change throughout all the os's menus, including internet explorer.
    I don't know of a way to change just one specific location like the "favorites fonts/colors".
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    I understand that this,isn't what you want but.This FREE program will change your icon's in your favorites list @ least.Here's a link to check it out;AM-Deadlink.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi folks and thanks to all for the suggestions, but from the replies it seems that I have not made myself clear on what it is I am looking to do. I am not looking to change the colour/font, etc., of any of the web pages I browse, nor do I want to change things in my toolbar. What I want to do is change the font/colour of the listings in the bookmarks in my Favorites. For example, I have a Bookmark called Office in my favourites listing that is "pegged" on the left side of my Internet Explorer (I use Version 8) page and all the font colours are black. Within the Office folder there are 15 bookmarks, 4 of which are sub-folders for Excel, Word, Powerpoint and VBA, each of which hold additional bookmarks relevant to the sub-folder name - again, all the names are black. I am hoping there is a way to change the colour of the bookmark font from black to some other colour so that it will stand out in a long list of bookmarks all of which have a black-font name. I can change the colour (and font type) within my e-mail (as I have shown above). Maybe this cannot be done, and if not, then so be it - maybe Microsoft will be nice enough to give us that option some day (don't hold your breath). It is nice, nevertheless that some of the symbols for the bookmarks can be changed, either by the website itself, by the website when it is bookmarked as a Favorite, or by IE when a Favorite is created - at least this helps a bit. To give you an example, I have a main Folder named Photography with extensive sub-folders and bookmarks contained within it. The symbol for the Main folder is a small camera and this helps immensely in finding it, in fact as I scroll through the Bookmarks looking for Photography, I usually see the little camera icon first.

My thanks to all who have offered suggestions; they are appreciated.

Regards,

Ron M

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Internet Explorer|Favorites|Organize Favorites lets you create folders and subfolders of Favorites. You can also use names for the folders that are prefixed by a number, so that 10_Spices, 20_Recipes, 30_Fruit&Veg can help you order the folders, and each folder can have as many bookmarks as you like, or as many subfolders with bookmarks as you like.

In other words you create the hierarchy, and you give each folder a name that will help you find what you are looking for. You can put a tiny handful of super ultra favourites at the top of everything by giving it the lowest number in the series of numbers you use, although the Home Page collection in IE is a handy alternative.

Forget about colouring everything every line and learn to look for logos, such as a green lizard at the start of the line. Finally, use IE to organize the stuff no matter what browser you use, because when you import Favorites into Firefox (at least), the From Internet Explorer selection will give you exactly the same organized collection that you created in IE (although it doesn’t keep it up to date for you).

Thanks
    I agree with peter, better organization will do the job more efficiently than color coding every bookmark. A gawd awful eyesore.
    I organize my bookmarks in favorites into numbered and named folders and subfolders based around my personal preferences.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Peter and Clint, I do use Folders and sub-Folders already and for the most part they work for me and I have learned to look for the logos (not everbody has one though), but I am also someone who works well with colour and while I wouldn't intend to colour each and every Bookmark differently - I agree that would be a real eyesore - sometimes it would be nice to colour the odd few just to make them stand out, but it also occurred to me, thinking about it now, that one could put the very commonly used Bookmarks in a separate subfolder to separate them out from the ones that are less commonly used. As well, I did not realize you could use numbers as part of a name the way you demonstrated, so Peter, thanks for that insight. It gives me some definite ideas to think about.

Ron M

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Update Checks can be a useful folder (or recurring appointment) to create. We all have lots of programs that do not update themselves, nor that turn up on any list of updates, nor that even give you a warning that the program is out of date when you are using it. If you create a list of where to look for updates occasionally, even though it typically means starting the program itself, that can be useful. Some are frequent, others 'almost never' so you could use group them by frequency.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello

I know what are you searching. I have not discovered it yet but I use the following method to increase the vision of some folders in Favorites.

Download: Lovely Folders 4.1: http://www.lovelysoft.com/lovelyfolders/ or Folder Marker 3.0: http://www.foldermarker.com/?discoun...er%20Marker3.0

Install it and you can "mark" each folder in many, many ways!

It is not a solution to your inquiry but it's something!