Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,
    We are using Office 2007 and have a problem where certain files will randomly have a bunch of characters 'collapse' together after the document is printed (the collapsed characters also appear on the printed document). Basically, all the characters on a line appear on top of each other.

I doubt it is print driver-related as this occurs on two different PC's printing to different printers (HP and Fuji-Xerox). But I could be wrong!

I'd post screen shots, but don't have anywhere to easily host them. Can provide in email if desired.

Thanks
    toncc

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hi toncc,

Posting a sample doc (with any private information removed) or screen shots may be helpful in this case.

You don't need to be able to host screen shots in order to post them - if you can first save the screen shots as jpg files, you then should be able to attach them to your post here.

Gary

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is a know problem. It may be caused by either a bloated temp folder or a bug with an HP printer driver.

With all applications closed (preferably after a fresh reboot), the user's temp folder should be empty: delete all the abandoned temp files. (The temp folder is normally in the user's roaming profile, bur depends on the OS used.)

If it si the HP printer driver bug, then closing and repopening Word is the only current worksaround, but make sure that you ahve the latest printer driver.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Duh! I completly missed the "Attachments" section just below the entry box! Attaxched are two samples. I'll check the users temp folder just to be sure but this happens with Fuji-Xerox as well as HP, so not sure if the HP driver would be affecting other printers on the machine.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I remember something like this happening some time ago. In our case, if we accessed the paragraph dialog, the "space before"/"space after" area was blank. If we filled in any information, it fixed the file. I don't know why it went blank..