2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After much disappointment at not being able to have Outlook Express when I got a new computer with Win 7, I finally opted for Windows Live Mail for my email client. Since I did not have any hotmail accounts on this computer it did not show anything in the profile on the toolbar. I created a phony MSN account to help a friend solve a problem. Now when I open Live mail it shows this MSN account on the toolbar as my profile name. Since this is not an account with any actual information I would like to not have it show on the toolbar.
    I suppose there should be something in the registry that might fix it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks
    I created a phony MSN account to help a friend solve a problem. Now when I open Live mail it shows this MSN account on the toolbar as my profile name.
    Try removing the account in your WLM client via "tools", go to "Accounts", select the account in question, and click "remove".

Setup a POP3 or IMAP email account in Windows Live Mail
    Windows Live Mail Tutorial
    Windows Live Mail+youtube tutorials

How To Adjust What Name Appears On Your Windows Live Profile
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have already removed the account but Live mail still shows it as my profile name. It does not sign me in automatically so it isn't a problem. It is just annoying since it isn't an account that I would use; it doesn't have my name. wonder what would happen if I created another live account? Just really don't want windows Live or microsoft to think they own me.

Just figured out how to get rid of the profile name. Tools> Options> Connection. In Connecting windows Live services click Stop Signing in.