New Lounger
    Thanks
    is there a work around to create a virtual desktop or other method to allow software that won't work with Windows 64-bit systems because of driver, etc. problems work with a virtual desktop that's XP or 32 bit or something? It's the software Digital Voice Editor 3 that allows me to transfer digital audio files to my external drive drive for my Sony Tape recorder .ICD-P620..but the drivers don't work with 64-bit Windows:
    My link

But virtual desktop XP via Microsoft windows doesn't seem to work with Windows Home premium 7...
    Nor does WOW64 seem to work in this case with Windows 7 Home Premium and/or something's amiss...
    any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Levine View Post
    is there a work around to create a virtual desktop or other method to allow software that won't work with Windows 64-bit systems because of driver, etc. problems work with a virtual desktop that's XP or 32 bit or something? It's the software Digital Voice Editor 3 that allows me to transfer digital audio files to my external drive drive for my Sony Tape recorder .ICD-P620..but the drivers don't work with 64-bit Windows:
    My link
    How To Geek and many other sites show a workaround. You would need a copy of XP with a valid key, but it is possible.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can also use another virtualization method such as VMWare Server (I use this and have had better luck with it than with XP Mode) or VirtualBox, both of which are free. You will still need a valid XP license key.