Thanks
    How fast does your page load (Firefox Only) as indicated by the arrow.

[attachment=88879:WSL.jpg]
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    How fast does your page load (Firefox Only) as indicated by the arrow.
    Sorry, I do not see the timing frame. This must be an Add On. My FF seems to load much qyuicker than 18 secs if this is what you are asking.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    The version of Firebug I have installed stops with "Net" and doesn't have the last two items. That said, I can get similar information from the Net tab.

The first image shows a standard reload using the cache, the second image was bypassing the cache. Interesting that the second was faster.

[attachment=88881:Fx3_5-FirebugLobbyLoadTimes.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Ted, Jscher2000. The reason I asked is, I find FF gets slower as time passes, so I'm experimenting with DNS providers, MVPS's host file with DNS Client in Services set to manual. The measuring tools I'm using are 'Page Speed 1.7.1 and Firebug 1.5.4.' I use CCleaner with DNS cache ticked.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Ted, Jscher2000. The reason I asked is, I find FF gets slower as time passes, so I'm experimenting with DNS providers, MVPS's host file with DNS Client in Services set to manual. The measuring tools I'm using are 'Page Speed 1.7.1 and Firebug 1.5.4.' I use CCleaner with DNS cache ticked.
    I believe as time goes on FF becomes slower because of all the clutter filling up the cache. It's important to empty the cache periodically to keep the browser operating efficiently. IE has this same characteristic. CCleaner also helps by clearing the cache and many temp files cluttering your hard drive. With a clean cache the browser does not have to spend time checking on updated pages to previously visited web sites as there are no previously visited web sites in the cache.

Another thing I do is to open my browsers in private sessions so cookies are not kept once I close the browser. This hides my browsing tracks to keep my browsing safer. This also acts to purge unwanted info from the cache. Some people like to leave this history in the cache, I do not. I do not use thr drop down box in the title bar to visit previously visited sites so having this info is not important to me.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Another thing I do is to open my browsers in private sessions so cookies are not kept once I close the browser. This hides my browsing tracks to keep my browsing safer. This also acts to purge unwanted info from the cache. Some people like to leave this history in the cache, I do not. I do not use thr drop down box in the title bar to visit previously visited sites so having this info is not important to me.
    Ted, that is one of the best 'modus operandi' I have seen and will set my system likewise.
    -
    I have at present installed the latest host file from MVPS, using Google Public DNS. DNS Client in Services was stopped and set to manual. After a reboot and some browsing I found it was running so reset it to automatic.