Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a protected word form that has a form field with a bookmark called "subject". The result of this field will dictate whether the subject is singular or plural throughout a multi page document. There is an IF field that states if subject=I then use "me" through document, otherwise use "us".
    I cannot figure out what is wrong with the IF field. It returns "me" regardless of whether I or We is selected in the initial field.
    I've attached a sample of the form. I've tried every combination of spaces, quotes and syntax!
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    [attachment=88890:Sample Form with If Statement.docx]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After some digging I realize that you need a space before and after the operator. The examples MS gives does not demonstrate this!

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi techtrain,

Putting your 'Subject' bookmark reference in a field, as in {IF{REF Subject}= "I" "me" "us"} will also work and I suspect this is closer to the construction any examples given by MS would look like. Note that with this construction, you still need a space after the '=', but not before it. Since all the expressions are single words, you could reduce the field code to {IF{REF Subject}= I me us}.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]