New Lounger
    Thanks
    Because IE 6 cannot be updated, I am presently using Firefox, but I prefer to use either IE7, IE8, or Chrome. Is there a way to update IE, or if that is not possible, installing Google Chrome?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Coover View Post
    Because IE 6 cannot be updated, I am presently using Firefox, but I prefer to use either IE7, IE8, or Chrome. Is there a way to update IE, or if that is not possible, installing Google Chrome?
    Unfortunately, the answer is no to both questions. See IE7: System Requirements, IE8: System Requirements, & Google Chrome.

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Russell.

>>> Because IE 6 cannot be updated, I am presently using Firefox, but I prefer to use either IE7, IE8, or Chrome. Is there a way to update IE, or if that is not possible, installing Google Chrome?

I run FireFox on my W2K cum Avast and all seems proper. Never mind IE ! I also have it on the W2K Thinkpad but will not click on it too often, that is IE6.

Have fun. Jean.

Thanks
    Who needs IE on Windows 2000? When we can have a modern browser like Firefox 11 & Opera 11.62. Both of which are fast & secure. W2K is not dead, yet!

Unfortunately, Google or Safari no longer supports W2K.

Cat

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeh I use firefox 12.0 which is the last supported for windows 2000. internet explorer especially the older versions are really vulnerable anyway. Alot of exploits for it etc. I would stick to firefox over chrome but that is preference. more privacy by firefox but google is notorious for tracking everything you do and storing it for marketing etc.

Windows 2000 For The WIN!