New Lounger
    Thanks
    In Word 2003 there is a feature to create (web) forms.

in the help file there is a cryptic statement at the bottom of the file:

Publish the form to your Web server.
    Because Web forms require additional support files and server support, it is recommended that you work with your network or Web administrator.

(see it here: http://office2010.microsoft.com/assi...695d1&respos=1)

what "additional support" is required? Frontpage extensions? I've been trying to publish a very simple form to a linux-based web site to no avail. Is it possible to publish an html-compliant form out of Word (is that the problem or is it server side functionality which needs to be in place?)

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Leslie View Post
    what "additional support" is required? Frontpage extensions? I've been trying to publish a very simple form to a linux-based web site to no avail. Is it possible to publish an html-compliant form out of Word (is that the problem or is it server side functionality which needs to be in place?)
    I think Word can publish a reasonable HTML form, but whatever you need to handle the form submission can't be automatically generated by Word. For example, if you wanted the form to add the data to a database or to email it to you, that would have to be built using one or the languages recognized by the server (for Linux/Apache, it's usually PHP or Perl). Does that make sense?