New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a really strange email problem. I hav 64-bit vista/microsoft 2007. I use aol. Almost immediately after installing adobe 2 week ago, my typing speed while creating an email became very slow. Speedier typing results in lost characters. Here are some details:
    ---[compared aol email to comcast email: same typing problem (therefore not just an aol issue)
    ---typing is normal for internet explorer browser (as bing)
    ---typing is normal for word documents (therefore not a keyboard issue)
    ---contacted Adobe, who deny any responsibility
    ---contacted Comcast; they ascertained that all 4 lights on my modem are lit & therefore not their fault. (However, at least twice a week during hotsummer months my
    computer shows LAN on, but no internet access. So this problem is a cable issue. I solve it by shuting down the modems/routers/computer and the rebooting.
    So I'm not convinced they don't have a piece of this problem.
    So far,I have:
    ---cleaned the keyboard - no change
    ---peformed a norton security scan-- no critical notices. 37 items repaired
    ---defragged and cleaned the disk - no change
    ---set key repeat rate at top speed - no change
    ---deleted old cookies & temp files. I would've thought the disk cleaning would've performed this but when I used tools on the Interneet Explorer menu, I seemed to get
    a bit of improveent. Probably my imagination.

Any ideas what's causing the problem? From the responses I've gotten from geek squad, etc.,, nobody knows. But I'd like to have some idea of what's going on before I take it in for repair. Since this seems to have befuddled everyone, I don't want to just hand the computer over to a tech and and telling him "just fix it."

Thanks, and sorry for the long email. Jeane

Thanks
    It sounds as though you access your AOL (and Comcast) email through Internet Explorer, rather than through desktop software (like an AOL program, Windows Mail, etc.).

Which Adobe software did you install? Flash player? Some webmail sites have a lot of advertising, including Flash ads. To rule out the advertising as a problem, you could try an ad-blocking add-on. I don't know what is available for Internet Explorer, but perhaps other users will have a suggestion.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    YES,,I USE INTERNET EXPLORER
    It sounds as though you access your AOL (and Comcast) email through Internet Explorer, rather than through desktop software (like an AOL program, Windows Mail, etc.).

I INSTALLED ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 8 - THE CURRENT VERSION COMPATIBLE WITH MY MACHINE. I D HAVE AD BLOCKERS - RARELY SEE ADS POPU.
    Which Adobe software did you install? Flash player? Some webmail sites have a lot of advertising, including Flash ads. To rule out the advertising as a problem, you could try an ad-blocking add-on. I don't know what is available for Internet Explorer, but perhaps other users will have a suggestion.
    WORK AROUND ON THE PROBLEM MAY BE ACHEVE: I NOTICED I COULD TYPEWITH NO PROBLEM ON GOOGLE SEARCH LINE, SO,BEIING PRETTY DOGGED WHEN IT COMES TO PROBLEM SOLVING, ICOULDN'T RESIST SETTING UP A GMAILACCOUNT. TO MY SURPRISE, GMAIL WORKS!!! I'M GOING TO WAIT A WEEK BEFORE I START MIGRATING MY CONTACTS - JUST TO BE SURE NO DISASTER ENSUES. AND I DONT EVEN WANNA THINK ABT REINSTALLING THE PHOTOSHOP VERSION AT THIS POINT. I'LL KEEP THE AOL FOR PURCHASES ETC. SURE WISH I COULD FIGURE OUT WHY COMCAST/AOL/MICROSOFT LIVE WERE ALL AFFECTED BUT NOT GOOGLE

IF ANYONE CAN FGURE THISOUT, I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    FYI: I have noticed similar problems when composing mail on AOL via IE8 browser. In my case, characters seem to get lost and the cursur often 'jumps' around in the entry box if I type to quickly.

I have similar issues when composing text on another online forum as well. In fact, I am having the problem entering this post!!

And, I have worked with other users who have experienced the same problem. Perhaps coincidentally, both cases are with laptops, thbough I have been very careful to determine that the problem is also NOT related to the touchpad.

This problem did NOT used to happen and started fairly recently for me (further indicating that it is NOT a keyboard issue and POSSIBLY a browser issue combined with particular software applications.)

I have yet to to try these same applications under Chrome or Firefox.

Jeff