Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When doing a search, the words you enter appear in the relevant posts in a font that is half the size of the text in the post. This makes it very difficult to do a quick scan of what you're looking for. Everyday logic would assume that the searched-for words would be of a larger size or at least in bold. Or perhaps these old eyes are just not as sharp as they used to be.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Can you post a screen capture of what you see?

Here is one (from another post). To me the words look very slightly larger, and in red.
    [attachment=88933:PhraseSearch.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hutchison View Post
    Can you post a screen capture of what you see?

Here is one (from another post). To me the words look very slightly larger, and in red.
    [attachment=88933:PhraseSearch.gif]
    == First off, I'm afraid I don't know how to do a screen capture. Second, my view of the posts is in black and white, not in color, as in your example. This certainly looks like it would make a difference. Is there a way to set the viewing of the posts in color?

== And yes, your example is perfectly clear. In black and white, if the text is say 12 point, the search term appears as 6 point.

== At the moment, under SETTINGS, I have Rich Text Editor checked.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthebear View Post
    == First off, I'm afraid I don't know how to do a screen capture. Second, my view of the posts is in black and white, not in color, as in your example. This certainly looks like it would make a difference. Is there a way to set the viewing of the posts in color?

== And yes, your example is perfectly clear. In black and white, if the text is say 12 point, the search term appears as 6 point.

== At the moment, under SETTINGS, I have Rich Text Editor checked.
    Are you seeing the whole lounge in black and white? It sounds like you're either overriding the default CSS or you've somehow changed the "skin" you see in the lounge.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthebear View Post
    == First off, I'm afraid I don't know how to do a screen capture.
    Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. (Nothing appears to happen, but the screen image is put into the clipboard.)
    Open your favourite Graphics program. Use Paint if you don't have a favourite, (or download Irfanview)
    Paste (however you like...Ctrl+ V or Edit..Paste) the image from the clipboard
    Crop the image to just show the relevant bits
    Save the image as a GIF
    Attach the Saved file to your post.
    Regards
    John

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Johnston View Post
    Are you seeing the whole lounge in black and white? It sounds like you're either overriding the default CSS or you've somehow changed the "skin" you see in the lounge.
    == No, John Hutchison's post was in color, and the search terms were highlighted in red. [And I have no idea how he did that.] And the poster's photo appears in color.

But the text of most posts are generally in black and white - with the search terms as I described them.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hutchison View Post
    Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. (Nothing appears to happen, but the screen image is put into the clipboard.)
    Open your favourite Graphics program. Use Paint if you don't have a favourite, (or download Irfanview)
    Paste (however you like...Ctrl+ V or Edit..Paste) the image from the clipboard
    Crop the image to just show the relevant bits
    Save the image as a GIF
    Attach the Saved file to your post.
    == Thank you very much for the detailed instructions. Much appreciated.