New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear members,

I came across an odd error on my home PC, running IE7 on WINXP SP2, all current updates/patches installed (obviously neither SP3 nor IE8 have been tried so far).
    Whenever trying to print or print preview from any page/tab within IE (including empty page) I get an script error in res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg.

Tried different user accounts (normal/admin) as well as switching standard printers to no avail.
    Also started IE without add-ons (using IE7pro for instance) - nothing better.

Printing is fine from any other application / browser, e.g. Notepad, Office, Firefox so I assume nothing wrong with the printer or driver.
    Deep-Scans of AV and anti-malware showed no infections either.

Tried some suggestions I found on the net like re-registering dlls - no good so far.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome!
    Anyone else who came across this?

Thanks and regards, Stephan

Thanks
    We've had threads on preview.dlg in the past, but mostly involving applications that relied on IE 6 for printing, such as Outlook and Outlook Express.

You've probably been through these suggestions, but just in case: Preview.dlg errors when printing.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes I went through the old postings but could not find anything applicable to get it to work.
    Also thanks for the link, I went through Sandi's site as well - only clue I found was to update Windoes scripting host (which I haven't knowingly used ever before)

Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    We've had threads on preview.dlg in the past, but mostly involving applications that relied on IE 6 for printing, such as Outlook and Outlook Express.

You've probably been through these suggestions, but just in case: Preview.dlg errors when printing.

Thanks
    Here's M$ website for your script update;Windows Script 5.7
    Now then if that doesn't work for you.My best suggestion would be to update to SP3 & IE8.This is a quote from,Microsoft; Support is ending for some versions of Windows

Support for Windows Vista without any service packs ended on April 13, 2010.

Support for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) will end on July 13, 2010.*

If you're running one of these versions after support ends, you won't get security updates for Windows.
    Here's a link for more information...Windows SP2
    Good luck on what ever you decide.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten