New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All. Newbie to the forum. I have a workstation running XP/SP3 connected to a SBS WIN2003 server. The user profiles are not stored on the server, but exist under Documents and Settings\username at the workstations. One of the usernames belongs to the Network Administrator: netadmin. A 'bat' file that was intended to delete temporary files ran amuk under \Documents and Settings\netadmin and several folders are missing. So some Windows settings related to the browser, and folder options, and the All programs list are missing. My question is can I safely delete the user netadmin at this workstation, or maybe just delete the folder \Documents and Settings\netadmin ? Will XP create a new one the next time netadmin signs into this workstation ?

Thanks
    A 'bat' file that was intended to delete temporary files ran amuk under \Documents and Settings\netadmin and several folders are missing. So some Windows settings related to the browser, and folder options, and the All programs list are missing.
    I've done this myself with a homemade batchfile cleaner while attempting to create & run one. I eventualy got the batchfile up and running safely, but
    my only recourse was to clean install the os as I didn't have a recent enough image to restore from.

I don't have alot of confidence that this can easily be fixed, I could be wrong though too.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You can safely delete the netadmin folders and Windows will re-create them. It's worth deleting the profile as well - My Computer > Properties > Advanced > User Profiles.

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can the deleted files be restored from the Recycle Bin ?

Tim

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Paul. I will go ahead and do that on Monday. To Tim, no I've been living with this hampered arrangement for a while (months).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I backed up \Documents and Settings\netadmin to CD, then deleted the folder netadmin. I did not delete the user just in case he owned anything. Then I logged in as netadmin and Windows XP generated a new \documents\netadmin folder. I was then able to clean up my desktop, set folder options, run IE8, and see all of my programs again on the All Programs list. Thanks again, Paul. I guess you can close this thread now.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    ;-))