Thanks
    I am considering BitLocker, and BitLocker to Go.
    I have downloaded the preparation software, but thought I would check with loungers for some feedback on this.
    So, what are some of your experiences, pitfalls, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Paul Thurrott's site has a nice guide.
    Seems it is only possible to write to the drive using Windows 7. If you want to use the drive on other Windows / Linux machines you might try TrueCrypt.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    I am considering BitLocker, and BitLocker to Go.
    I have downloaded the preparation software, but thought I would check with loungers for some feedback on this.
    So, what are some of your experiences, pitfalls, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?
    Which edition of Windows 7 do you use? Encrypting a drive with Bitlocker and Bitlocker To Go requires the Ultimate or Enterprise edition. A USB flash drive encrypted with Bitlocker To Go can be used in any edition of Windows 7. Anyone with Win7 Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise editions can use Encrypting File System (EFS) to encrypt folders. Home Premium users cannot use either system, but can use a third party encryption program such as TrueCrypt or Encrypt On Click, or another.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Thanks Gerald,
    I am running Win7 Ultimate.
    After reading anything I can get my hands on, something is just nagging me about this, so I think I will leave it alone. Looks as though if I needed to use the USB on a WinXP machine I would need to install the BitLocker to Go Reader and then that is only read only.
    I am using Password Protect USB to protect folders on my Laptop, Maxtor, and 2 USB drives now and it is working out fine. So will just continue with that . I did look at TrueCrypt once and didn't care for the way that it set up the vaults.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)