Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have for some time this weird font error while browsing the web. Mostly it happens when I use Google Reader, but also when I browse other web sites. It happens when I use both Firefox and IE8. Somehow I have this feeling that it's not a problem with my browsers but with my OS...

I have added two screencaps - one for Firefox and the other for IE8. You may need to zoom-in a little.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5577/fonterror.jpg
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/429/fonterror2.jpg

Anybody knows what is this and how to fix it?

TIA

Thanks
    It doesn't actually look like a font issue, more of an image placeholder not rendering. [??]
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have seen these also occasionally. I'd guess it's a problem with the web page and its encoding, and not likely in your browser or OS. Maybe the original writer copypasted text from a word processor. Or like in this spesific case it looks rather that there's a problem in the way the reader processes the original feed sample - maybe it can't transfer links or something like that.

On the other hand not every web page is encoded right regarding to the support from browser/OS combinations. IMHO, for the biggest audience you should use utf-8 as it has the widest character set and also widest support among browsers. Well, at least I try to remember that myself :-) --

Thanks
    Some character data is missing from the font you're using, but as suggested above, that's probably a fault in the original document rather than on your system.