5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I find the ctrl + D (delete) shortcut in Outlook is very inconveniently placed between the ctrl + S, ctrl + C, and ctrl + V shortcuts. I can't count the number of times I meant to save an entry or copy or paste a selection and instead accidently deleted it. Can I undo the ctrl + D function so that it becomes inactive?

Thanks
    As an alternative you could use:
    • Ctrl+Insert to Copy, and
    • Shift+Insert to Paste
    This works with most programs, and I've used it for megayonks...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook does not have the Application.Onkey method that Word, Excel and some other Office apps have, so I don't see any easy way to disable Control-D.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt356 View Post
    I find the ctrl + D (delete) shortcut in Outlook is very inconveniently placed between the ctrl + S, ctrl + C, and ctrl + V shortcuts. I can't count the number of times I meant to save an entry or copy or paste a selection and instead accidently deleted it. Can I undo the ctrl + D function so that it becomes inactive?
    I usually get a prompt before deleting any unsaved work, for example when composing a draft, but there is no prompt for moving a message to the Deleted Items folder, and I don't see any way to turn one on. You can intercept and cancel the deletion of an open item using VBA (see BeforeDelete Event), but this does not apply to deleting from a list view, such as viewing the Inbox.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe all deletions could be trapped by the _ItemRemove Event in the ThisOutlookSesion Module whereby a check prompt is triggered, but that would do more than intercept Ctrl-D. And it might become a darned nuisance to the user.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS