Lounger
    Thanks
    I have windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600 Build 7600 with 32 bit. teh keyboard is a Logitech S520 wireless key board and mouse. ( I tossed the MS wireless board and mouse after 2 months. Very unreliable.) My keyboard only prints in capitol letters in word. I replaced the keyboard batteries, but still cannot print anything except caps. When I hit the "caps lock ", a green line appears in work to tell me the caps are on, or off. The caps key works OK here, in the Live Mail program, in QuickBooks. It must be a problem with MS, but how do I fix it? Keep it simple, use little words. I am still not very good on the computer. Or is the wireless technology still unreliable and should I go back to a wired keyboard and mouse?

Lounger
    Thanks
    looks like I know how to do double posts, can someone delete one?

I tried to use Office Help, and found it is not installed. I was directed to insert the Word Perfect Disc. My program was installed with a key, no disc. Now I find I cannot have "help" installed. Did I get screwed with a counterfit copy?: DATA1.MSI is the program I am asked for. 1706 Error is the pop=up that appears when I click on DATA1.MSI.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman View Post

I tried to use Office Help, and found it is not installed. I was directed to insert the Word Perfect Disc. My program was installed with a key, no disc. Now I find I cannot have "help" installed. Did I get screwed with a counterfit copy?: DATA1.MSI is the program I am asked for. 1706 Error is the pop=up that appears when I click on DATA1.MSI.
    It appears the data1.msi is an Office 2000 file (scroll down near the bottom to find this file listed). Office 2000 was no longer supported after July 14, 2009. It is probably time to look at a replacement. Office 2000 does have problems in Win 7 (any version). Sorry.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    done
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Are you using Microsoft Word or Corel's Word Perfect?

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    The program is MS Word, I got it with the Windows 7 ultimate in January. I did not get a disc, but I have a key.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Check that your normal style, font formatting has been set to use All Caps.

Can you type numbers and punctuation symbols?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman View Post
    The program is MS Word, I got it with the Windows 7 ultimate in January. I did not get a disc, but I have a key.
    If it came with the PC, then it is probably a trial version that's only good for a period of time (30 days or 90 days, etc) At the end of the trial period you would have to replace it with a paid version (On a trial this is often just a matter of supplying a key once you pay for the Office suite) or some other office suite.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree with Terry- check the font formatting options to ensure that neither the "All caps" nor "Small Caps" options are selected.