2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We are going to use Outlook Resources for our meetings.

We have a current room booking system in Oracle and have downloaded all the future appointments into an Excel spreadsheet, We don't want to have to make the people who have already created appointments in the old system have to recreate the appoinments again in outlook, or have to go through their appointments and invite the room, especially as 1 person has 300 seperate appointments thats aren't recurring ones.

I can import from Excel into my calendar, I have the rooms listed as shared calendars but when I go to the import wizard I can't choose these options. How can i import into a resources calendar?

THanks

MIchelle

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Are the room calendars hosted in Exchange? If so, what version of Exchange and what service pack level?

What Outlook version & service pack?

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The rooms will be set up as resources in Exchange so they don't have a seperate mail box (I think). We have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007, It looks like Outlook has Service Pack 1 - I don't have prviledges to find out what the service pack on the server is

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meames View Post
    The rooms will be set up as resources in Exchange so they don't have a seperate mail box (I think). We have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007, It looks like Outlook has Service Pack 1 - I don't have prviledges to find out what the service pack on the server is
    There is a mailbox for each resource. The Exchange admin can configure how requests are processed and permissions for the resource.

What sort of permissions do you have for the resource calendar?

Joe
    Joe