Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi. I am very puzzled. I have set up a table in an HTML file and have populated it using <div id...> <span id...> AppendChild, generating a page using just Javascript and even using a CGI-created page (sucking in data from a form), but when I run a web query macro, Excel stubbornly refuses to read any dynamically added data from the table. It will recognize cell contents typed in before the page is loaded, though. The only way I have got it to work is to make a copy of the CGI page, saving it as HTML, and running that - Excel does recognise that version.

Has anyone any idea of what is going on, please? (BTW, I assume this belongs in the Excel section, not web development.)

Rex Last

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Is the javascript done on the client? I suspect those might be blocked for "security" reasons.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes. Can it be unblocked or do I need to take a different route? The new cell contents aren't picked up from the server side Perl option either.

Thanks for the reply

Rex Last

PS I have found a clunky workaround - run the Perl code to pick up the form contents and open an HTM file from Perl for reading to create a page with a table plus the form contents in individual cells, then open that from within Excel... But it doesn't exactly make it seamless for my client.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    As you saw, in order for a web query to work, the page must be "ready" when Excel tries to read it.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association