3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Almost always, I use Adobe Bridge to download my images to the computer. I notice that there are greyed out folders that have been created in the main folder. Each folder has 2 versions of the same image in it and these images are different from the file of that same image. To be more specific, the folder that I have created has these greyed out folders plus the actual files of the images.

One particular image has a dimension of 2304X1728. The corresponding greyed out folder has two images whose dimensions are 160X120 and 832X624. The name given to one of these images is vcm_s_kf_m160_160x120. What does this mean?

So far, I have seen this on a computer running Windows 7 and on a computer running Windows XP. I'm sure that there must be a simple explanation. Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

Alan Silberlight

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Never use Bridge myself, so cannot be sure, but to me following explanation seems logical enough: they could be preview images that the bridge has made so that it doesn't have to generate them anew every time you browse them. Plus that probably you have your system set to show hidden/protected items. Hence you'd see something you were normally not supposed to. Just a wild guess.

To check whether this could be correct or even close you may want to toggle hidden items on/off from (Win7) Explorer>Organize>Folder and search options>View(middle tab)>Show/Don't show hidden files, folders and drives - or a little lower tick/untick Hide protected operating system files.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for your quick reply. It is much appreciated. I checked the option "Don't show hidden files, folders and drives." That seems to do the trick. Now, I have to find out if this is caused by Bridge.