New Lounger
    Thanks
    Using Win 7 Professional on HP Pavillion laptop. Attempts to view videos from various web sources fail on account of video spending more time loading than playing. For example, the following link [http://www.wimp.com/oneball/] takes a couple minutes to display, then (a) about 10 or more seconds loading then (b) runs a split-second of movement & sound. Repeat (a) and (b) until the less than 5min video completes. I've not the patience to wait so have no clue how long to play to end at the current display rate.

Any ideas please? Thanks muchly in advance.

Thanks
    It could be any number of issues from a slow internet connection, flash player instability, or your browser settings.
    The site and flash renders fine for my W7 IE8 32 bit brouser with highspeed cable connection.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    evonWeltin, do you have more than one browser installed on your HP? If so, have you tried watching some of the same videos from the same web sources from the other browser to see how it performs. If it plays well, then there is something within your browser that needs attention; perhaps some addons conflicting or corruption in Flash.

If you do not have a second browser on your machine, perhaps you might want to take the opportunity to download one so you can compare results?

Are there any other computers in the home on which you have experienced the same symptoms? If so, I would contact your ISP and request them to test your incoming signal strength and speeds. There may be a fault on their end where it connects to your hardware.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    I think Clints first suggestion of a slow internet connection hits the nail on the head.

The link you have included links to a high quality video and it may be more watchable if you right click on the video and select low quality.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, Clint, Gerald, and Ian -- sorry about not including the browers detail. i use Firefox, Chrome, & IE (not sure what version, I take the updates as provided.

Q: How DO I find the current version of IE? some things in win 7 are no longer obvious ...)

I checked again today all 3 browsers, low and high resolution, and all work fine today with small exception of Chrome in high resolution there's a bit of occasional very short stopping. It must have been the internet speed. Using broadband, high speed -- no fios in my area yet. verizon has mucked about the lines before.

Q: Is it possible for the internet speed to worsen over time? For ex, yesterday the download speed was unusually slow compared to the day before, over all 3 browsers, so i finally shut down pc, modem, and router then brought back up and how the video plays fine and the download speed was back to its usual self.

thanks everyone for your input!! -evw.

Thanks
    Q: How DO I find the current version of IE? some things in win 7 are no longer obvious ...)
    Open the browser, go to "help" at the top right, select "About Internet Explorer". Will give you the ver number.

Your internet speeds vary all the time and in a number of ways; The path your browser takes to get to site may vary, your ISP speeds may also vary. The lower your bandwidth is the more likely you'll notice, especially wireless.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.