2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using windows 7 64 bit and Firefox 3.6.3 There doesn't seem to be an option for controlling cookies. In the Windows user profile only two cookies are there. Does Internet explorer override Firefox when it comes to storing cookies? I think that I am correct in saying that in windows XP you needed cookies stored in order for passwords to automatically log you in? I know that this might be a security issue but I like it when I click on a site that I use regularly - Flickr - and it logs me straight in. TIA

Thanks
    Cookies are stored in your browser's cache.
    I'll move this thread to Third-Party Browsers area.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Hi jascarlin,

You manage your Firefox cookies by selecting Tools | Options | Privacy Tab and under History Firefox will: click the drop down list and select Use custom settings for history . To the right of the Accept cookies from sites selector, click the Exceptions button. From there you can enter sites to always allow cookies, never allow cookies, or allow session cookies, which will be deleted after your current browser session.

Internet Explorer has nothing to do with Firefox cookies.

Hope this helps.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jascarlin View Post
    I am using windows 7 64 bit and Firefox 3.6.3 There doesn't seem to be an option for controlling cookies......
    One option (the one I use) is the Firefox add-on "CookieSafe":

Code:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2497/
    Ron

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can use Ccleaner to manage all of your cookies. Great cleanup utility also.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldb View Post
    You can use Ccleaner to manage all of your cookies. Great cleanup utility also.
    True story. A lot of CCleaner users don't realize that the program has an option to select which cookies to clean, and which ones to keep.
    -- Bob Primak --