Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    325
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, so after discovering how to "enable" the often referenced but well-hidden RunSavedImportExport macro command (tell Access to list all commands, not just ones for "untrusted databases"), I am now wailing and gnashing my teeth trying to figure out why I can't enter the name of a saved Import into the argument field. If I look under the Save Imports option on the External Data tab, I SEE IT RIGHT THERE! There are no spaces in the name or anything. But when I type it into the argument column or the Saved Import Export Name text box at the bottom, it won't accept it.

    Microsoft's documentation on this is of no use whatsoever (unless it's one of those subjects where you have to already know the answer in order to ask the question.)

    It's a macro, for crying out loud! If I wanted this much secrecy, I'd write code!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

  2. #2
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mesaka

    Have you tried using the drop down list at the bottom of the screen? You cannot type the name directly in the argument column. You can include spaces in the name, if you like.

    Hope this helps.

    David

  3. #3
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    325
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, I tried that. There is nothing in the list at all, even though I have one saved (which I've used without any problems.) I simply want to automate a larger process for others in my area.
    [attachment=88971:SavedImport.png]
    [attachment=88972:NoSavedImportListed.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

  4. #4
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is not normal behaviour. I suggest you try re-creating the saved Import, but if this does not work you may need to fix or patch your Access installation - do you have SP2?

  5. #5
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    325
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Huh... how 'bout that! I recreated it and NOW it's listed. (The only thing I did differently was that I accepted the default name... but I can't believe THAT actually had anything to do with it.)

    Do you happen to know where this "import spec" resides? Is it a file, or is it an object in Access? I can't see it anywhere...

    Thanks much for the help!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

  6. #6
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesaka View Post
    Do you happen to know where this "import spec" resides? Is it a file, or is it an object in Access? I can't see it anywhere...
    It is saved in hidden system tables within the database.

    Glad to hear you have solved your problem. Hopefully, this was one of those one-off glitches that we get now and again!

  7. #7
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have this problem a lot when I try to automate with an ACCESS MACRO RunSavedImportExport. The bad news is that you will have to recreate the Saved Export. The good news is that you need to save it with a different name.
    IE - Several macros 'ExportFileForSales' & 'ExportFileForAccounting' & 'ExportFileForShipping' - you get the idea.
    I would save them as 'SalesExportFile' & 'AccountingExportFile' & 'ShippingExportFile'.
    It seems that, when the Macro Editor generates a list of the Saved Exports, it sees the 'ExportFile...' entries as duplicates. Probably they are still using some kind of 8-character hang over from DOS. With the new names each listing is unique.
    Might not be the answer but it seemed to solve my problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •