5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    All,

I have a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. The laptop sits in a docking station, connected to which are two external monitors. (When the laptop is in the dock, the laptop's monitor turns off.)

I'd like to purchase a third external monitor--another Dell 1908FP--but am unsure of my options to connect it. I need the monitor to "extend the desktop," so that each monitor shows something different.

The dock has several free USB ports, two free display ports, and one free VGA port. I'd like the display quality of the third monitor to match or exceed the quality of the other two, which are connected via DVI.

If anyone has ideas on how to accomplish this, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. Thanks so much.

Thanks
    This link should help you;DisplayLink
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Ron! DisplayLink looks interesting, but I have a few questions. Since there doesn't seem to be a way to contact the company, I've submitted a message via its Ask a Question Web page. I'll let you and the lounge know if I hear anything back.

In the meantime, I discovered this Dell forum, where someone recommends a Matrox Graphics eXpansion Module. I've put in a phone call here as well, and will report back.

If anyone else has any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks again.