New Lounger
    Thanks
    Minor annoyance: my icon for MS Word has lost its image, only the generic Windows Program icon appears. This holds on the desktop, Start Menu, and also the basic non-shortcut icon in All Programs / Windows Office. Although I'm logged in as administrator, the "change icon" button in Shortcut Properties is grayed out. (I tried going into the Word program properties-security and giving "everyone" "full control" but it stayed grayed out.) Anyone know how to put the Word icon (or better still, an icon of my choice) in there?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Spencer
    The less elegant solution is to create another shortcut and then manipulate that one. I am also trying to find out how to change the original icon, which exhibits the same locked behavior as you mentioned.
    I will get back to you here if I find something

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Any shortcut I make has the same problem (no icon and "change icon" grayed out). Also....eek, it's catching!... now my Novell Groupwise has lost its icon, too, replaced with generic.
    I tried TuneUp Utilities "repair" functions for icon cache, didn't help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem with my "deceased" XP. I lost all of the icons for the entire office suite including Access.
    After doing much the same as cited above, I uninstalled the entire office system and reinstalled Office and Access and back they came. Just make sure you have backed up everything first!

Thanks
    Spencer, what was the last thing changed on your computer before this problem showed up?

Have you tried using System Restore to return to a point before the problem was noticed?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill