New Lounger
    Thanks
    I received a notice yesterday that a number Win 7 updates were ready to be installed. Over the past several updates, one consistently fails to install. It's Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows 7 (KB977863). I get an Error 800B0100. I'm using an Acer Aspire 5570Z, 32bit, Win 7 Home Premium. I use the Firewall on my router (Linksys WRG54). Defender is turned-off. I have both System Suite 10 Professional and AdAware Pro installed for virus and malware detection. I use AdWatch Live provided inside AdAware for active protection while working. The firewall in System Suite is turned off.

Question 1 - should I worry about not being able to install this update?
    Question 2 - anyone have any thoughts on how to get it installed?

Thanks - IndianaGuy
    Harry Harper
    182 Wil_Lo Farm Lane
    Harrisburg, PA 17111

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Harry
    That update is for some specific features:
    The February 2010 Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center for Windows 7 resolves the following issues:
    - Improves the overall experience for systems that are configured by using digital cable card tuners.
    - Resolves backward compatibility issues for some legacy Windows Media Center extensibility applications.
    - Resolves an issue with how recorded TV shows are managed when switching to a user locale that is based on the Hijri calendar.
    - Improves the overall experience when you use Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting (ISDB) tuners. ISDB is a Japanese standard for digital television and digital radio.

They might not apply to you.

On the other hand you should verify what is going on, you might not have all security updates installed.
    This problem seems to happen because of corrupted files in your HD that ar epreventing th eupdaet to install. I suggest you take a look at this post, it seems to be the same problem where the solution worked: Unable to Update KB978207 error 800b0100

Thanks
    Hi Harry, Welcome to the Lounge.

Do you even have the Media Center installed? Many copies of Win 7 do not. If you do not have it, this update is not appropriate. If this is the case, when it shows up again, right click on this update and choose Hide. it will not show up again.

If you have Media Center Installed then further investigation is needed.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Guys, thanks for your input.

Wally, the info you provided seems to apply to 64 based; I'm a 32. Do you think I could still follow Flavious's fix? Same thing when I run that Update tool thing. I go to the Advanced User section and it asks for the Windows version you're running. Win 7 x-64 based is the only Win 7 option so I didn't go there.

Ted, I do use the Media Center.

Thanks again.
    Harry Harper
    182 Wil_Lo Farm Lane
    Harrisburg, PA 17111