Thread: Wordpad Problem

Lounger
    Thanks
    I received a .doc photo which will not open in Wordpad. It was sent from Word 2003. I get a "Microsoft Word 97 Conversion Box" which states "Unable to load graphics conversion filter. Continue with document conversion?". I click yes and get the Wordpad window which is blank. Furthermore I cannot access the Wordpad Exe file which is a pf (prefetch) file. I get the message "Windows needs to know the program which created it".

I have MS Works 9 on my system (this is not the Works Suite...just a few "minor" items), which came preloaded with my Dell computer. As far as I am aware, I don't have a Word program, although the error message received had the heading noted above: "Microsoft Word 97 Conversion Box". I do have an MS Word Processor which came with the Works 9 abbreviated package. (I cannot change the file extention as I cannot access the file). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Chace View Post
    I received a .doc photo which will not open in Wordpad. It was sent from Word 2003.
    This is strange. Someone sent you a photo embedded in a Word 2003 document? Can they just send you the .jpg file instead? If that is not an option, you could consider downloading the Word file viewer from Microsoft. However, I'm not sure the viewer will let you extract the photo.

How to obtain the latest Word Viewer (MSKB 891090)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, it is a Word doc and Word 2003 is what she made it with. Thanks for the link.