New Lounger
    Thanks
    Would a student be able to upgarde to Student office 2010 and still use Outlook 2007 with the other apps of Microsoft Student Office 2010?
    Because Microsoft is not including Outlook 2010 with the Student, Teacher's version of Office 2010. I hope my question is understood.

Thanks, JIm

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sorry about the delay in responding - I've been travelling for a week or so. I believe you can do as you suggest if you install 2010 and choose the option to keep 2007, but since I cannot get access to the Student version, I cannot verify that. However some people report having significant issues with 2007 and 2010 on the same PC. Another option is to install VirtualPC and install the 2010 version in a VirtualPC session. Are there specific features in 2010 that you want to have available to you?
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    Sorry about the delay in responding - I've been travelling for a week or so. I believe you can do as you suggest if you install 2010 and choose the option to keep 2007, but since I cannot get access to the Student version, I cannot verify that. However some people report having significant issues with 2007 and 2010 on the same PC. Another option is to install VirtualPC and install the 2010 version in a VirtualPC session. Are there specific features in 2010 that you want to have available to you?
    Thank you for the reply.
    My son just wanted to have access to the latest verson of Office and he likes the fact One Note is included in 2010 where as it was not in Student Office 2007. They have replaced Outlook with One Note in the 2010 Verson. What was thinking of doing was uninstall 2007, install 2010 and then do a custom install with 2007 by just installing Outlook.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You should always install Office from the oldest version to the newest.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    You should always install Office from the oldest version to the newest.

Joe
    Thank you for the reply will do