Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My computer crashed. Did a restore sadly with Lenovo restore instead of windows. All went very badly lost all data, etc. Took to repair who retrieved a few bits of data but not much. Restored to earlier backup I had on external hard drive. This repaired most everything that was broken except Outlook. Word, Excel, rest of office 2007 reinstalled from disks and works OK so far. Not so with Outlook. Receive message:
    "Blah, blah "Errors have been detected in the file c:\......Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. However, I can't locate thefolders Local setting\application\ to get to outlook.

So I guess I have to figure out how to delete all of Outlook and reinstall from my discs. Is this possible and how?

Thank you for your help. (dreadfully stressed)
    br

Thanks
    The Local Settings folder is a hidden folder in your profile folder (c:\documents and settings\username). To view hidden folders in Windows XP, open Windows Explorer or My Computer, and use Tools>Folder Options, View tab, to turn on viewing of hidden files and folders.

For more information on ScanPST.exe, the Inbox Repair Tool, search this forum.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The easiest way to find the local settings folder.
    1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Type %Temp% in the Address field
    3. Press Enter.
    You will now be in the temp folder below the local settings folder.

cheers, Paul