New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried to download today free Real Player Sp Gold - yes, you guessed right, because of soccer -
    and it took about ten minutes do download ca. 799 Mb file

(Only after that have I realized that I had in fact downloaded RP on April 30th, but why wasn''t I warned that I have instalation?? I could evene watch certain TV channel.)

My questions are

1. Where did Real Player disappear? It did disappear from desk top, and there is no longer a shortcut there.

2. What happened with the files in Downloads? They changed and turned into Windows Media Player from Real Player, so that I cannot any longer see watch tv/streams I previosly could.

3. I tried to download RelaPlyaer Sp again and again several times, posssibly dozen times, and everything is fine until final step>>>
    Even a shortcut shows up on the desk top, but only for a couple of seconds, and then disappears.
    In Downloads, all streams have become Windows Media Player, and I can only hear radio stations via WMA Player

It seems that I had ""broken"" real player by trying to install it again?!
    Or I missed something.

I still have realplayer sp gold file in Downloads, but I do not know what to do with it. Installing is useless - I have tried it.

PS 1
    I can nevertheless watsch videos on Youtube, but I cannot watch videos on the very site of the television from whitch I tried today to
    download realplayer for live soccer. I don''t get it. (It must be something simple.)

PS 2
    Does it have something to do with free trial version, that had expired? But if RP SP Gold is free - as it is - I don''t see why should it.

Thanks
    It sounds as though the uninstall of the previous version worked correctly, but it's not clear why the new install isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Ante Tomic View Post
    Even a shortcut shows up on the desk top, but only for a couple of seconds, and then disappears.
    When you download, do you save first and then run the installer file from disk? If so, it should not disappear by itself. Perhaps some security software considers it to be spyware or malware?

Where did you get a "Gold" version? What I see is RealPlayer SP and RealPlayer SP Plus?

http://www.real.com/realplayer

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You''re right, it''s not Gold, just Sp version.

And you might be right that security software blocks RP but I can''t find what is happening.

I remember that - in the middle of the installing of Rp - I saw pop up window with the warning that
    some "'..exe wants to execute' or something, and I panicked and I clicked BLOCK instead ALLOW

maybe this is it

But I can''t remember what it was.

In the eman time, I uninstalled SpyHunter (which was free anyways), but I think it is AdAware,
    because when I triied again to install RealPlayer Sp, it happened again.
    I tried also with the RealAlternative - but something does not allow to those applications to live.

AdAware is only security software I have now, but I don't know how to find what is blocked in adAware, if it is problem with Ad Aware.