2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to help someone using Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Student version) on a Vista Home Premium system. She uses Outlook to retrieve emails from her isp. She uses Zoomtown/Fuse by Cincinnati Bell. All the small emails come through fine. If any email over 1MB arrives on the Zoomtown server it is blocked from being imported into Outlook. Emails that arrive after the oversize email do not load into Outlook either. I have talked to Zoomtown techs and they have no clue. The only resolution I have found is to use Webmail to read the email and download the attaqched file then move it out of the Webmail inbox. Then the other messages are correctly received. What setting am I missing in Outlook? I use Outlook 2007 on my Vista Home Premium computer and never have this problem.
    Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Outlook itself does not care about message size. That is almost always limited by the ISP. You says you've talked to them. What limits do they have?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hillebrand View Post
    If any email over 1MB arrives on the Zoomtown server it is blocked from being imported into Outlook.
    Is it possible that some security software is set to filter large messages, or perhaps it is choking on large messages? If there is a filter running on the PC, typically the incoming server name will be set to localhost (e.g., 127.0.0.1) so that the requests for new mail can be intercepted by the filtering program.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    They ISP says any attachment up to 15MB should not be a problem. I use the same ISP and send and receive large files frequently. I will check out the security software suggestion. Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You can also limit file sizes in routers.

Joe
    Joe